New Staff at GNGHS

Ethan Bump, Student

As we begin the new year at Gray-New Gloucester High School, I would like to welcome the following new staff to GNGHS! They gave me their educational backgrounds and what they’re most excited for.

Marcy Francoeur: Special Education Academic Life Skills teacher

Ms. Francoeur is the new Academic Life Skills teacher, replacing Ms. Blenk, who left at the end of the 16-17 school year. She graduated Franklin University in spring 2017, and it’s her first year teaching. She’s most excited to work with the students and staff here at GNGHS!

Andy Higgins: Special Education English teacher

Mr. Higgins comes to us from GNGMS, where he is replacing Ms. Morris as a special education English teacher here at the high school. He taught in the Norfolk County Public Schools, in Virginia, from 2005-2008. He then taught at Memorial School in New Gloucester, ME from 2008-2010, and at Gray-New Gloucester Middle School from 2010-2017. He looks forward to working collectively and collaboratively with the students and staff.

Jennifer Lewis: Library/Media Specialist

Ms. Lewis is the new librarian at GNGHS, replacing Ms. Skoczenski, who retired at the end of the 16-17 school year. She is no stranger to education, as she taught at Deer Isle/Stonington Jr/Sr HS for 1.5 years, then at Stearns HS in Millinocket for 2, before Winslow High School for 5 years, Augusta School Department for 13 years, and North Ridge Elementary School in Raleigh, North Carolina for 2.5 years. She looks forward to getting to know the staff, students, and where she can fit that will help the most to everyone. Welcome aboard the GNG team, Ms. Lewis!

John McCullagh: Health teacher

Mr. McCullagh is a new teacher to MSAD 15, stepping into the Health position vacated by Mr. Mercer, who became the Outdoor Educator for GNG. It is his first teaching position, and he looks forward to the holidays because he is a goofy person and loves to dress up.

Dan Murphy: Library Assistant/Study Hall Monitor

Mr. Murphy is the new library assistant (a position formerly held by Ms. Strattard until she became a full-time Social Studies teacher) and study hall monitor (a new position) at GNGHS.

Anne Russo-Ladd: Ed Tech

Ms. Russo-Ladd is a new educational technician (Ed Tech) at GNGHS, replacing Ms. Pelletier who became the district’s IEP Meeting Scheduler (Special Education). She teaches currently at Central Maine Comm. College, and has been for 8 years. She’s teaching in Life Science (Medical Terminology) and an externship course for Medical Assisting. She’s excited to meet the staff and students she’ll be working with. She’s currently working in the Science department helping special ed students, and loves science.

Jennifer Simons: Spanish

Ms. Simons isn’t new to the district; she taught Spanish at two of the three SAD 15 elementary schools until the position was eliminated after the 2016-2017 school year. She replaces Ms. Mendoza. She has been teaching Spanish at GNG for K-4 for 10 years, until being transferred here to GNGHS starting with this year. She’s excited about making connections with students and staff, hearing about students’ aspirations, and supporting extracurriculars. Most of all, she’s excited for the new learning experience and the possibilities that lie ahead.

Debra Tenenbaum: English

Ms. Tenenbaum is a new English teacher here at GNGHS, replacing Ms. Adams, who left and currently teaches at Falmouth High School. She spent 17 years working in public relations before recently switching careers to become a teacher. She hopes to bring experience from her public relations job into the classroom and teach students to become thoughtful consumers of information. She previously taught Grade 11 English at Deering High School in Portland and Grade 7 English at Lincoln Middle School in Portland as well. She is most excited to see the students grow and learn, and provide them with tools and confidence they’ll need in society.

Again, thanks to all the new staff for their information and we hope you enjoy your time teaching at GNGHS!